I'M NOT GOING TO LIE. Selling your home for top dollar isn't always easy. The good news is that with a little hard work and/or a great list of skilled service providers (ah, hem...THE LOCAL LIST) it's worth it, because you can increase your listing price by approximately 18% by utilizing these six tips.
- Curb Appeal Matters. You have to entice the buyers with a nice exterior for them to WANT to SEE the interior. Plant flowers, mow the lawn, repaint your front door, clean your windows, etc.
- Declutter and Depersonalize. Get rid of personal belongings such as old photos or artwork, and make sure the buyer isn't distracted by other things like clutter on your counter tops. Show off your home and not your belongings. Rent a portable storage unit if you need to - you're moving anyway. Depersonalize the home as well. You don't want a buyer to feel as if they're inside of someone else's home. You want them to feel like they're walking through their own home, so don't clutter the place with your belongings. Not many buyers want to see that giant moose head on your wall. Remove any excess decor that makes your home feel smaller.
- Fix things and Freshen up. Repaint rooms in a neutral color, such as earth tones. Also, fix all of the obvious things around your home such as a squeaky door or a leaky faucet. If you notice it, the buyer definitely will, too.
- Don't Get Emotionally Involved. That is when you can make mistakes. Remember that the home really isn't yours anymore when you're trying to sell it.
- Don't Get Greedy. Buyers aren't fooled by high prices, and they simply won't respond to high prices. Your home will sit on the market and you'll end up with less money than if you had priced your home right to begin with.
- Hire An Agent with a Solid Marketing Plan. Good marketing means your home will get a lot of demand, selling success. CLICK HERE to see one of my favorite Marketing Tools that consistently gets attention. #lifestylevirtualtours
A bonus tip...Clean Your Home. While this may sound like common sense…I cannot stress its importance. Your home needs to sparkle! Cleaning can really impress buyers, possibly even enticing them to pay a little extra and ultimately making the elbow grease worth it in the long run.
Are you considering selling your home? I would love to help you Create Something New!
Contact Me today to discuss your current value.